Skip to content

Healthy Back-to-School Lunch Options: Full Week Two Menu + Shopping List

September 25, 2010

Flatout Foodie Logo

It’s been a great second week of healthy back-to-school lunch recipes! We’ve seen everything from the classic PB + J with a twist, to a creative Panini Pop that is sure to please even your pickiest eater.

In case you missed any of the fun, here is a recap of this week’s recipes:

Healthy Back To School Lunch Menu - Week Two

This week’s videos were not to be missed! Don’t believe us? Check them out for yourself:

If this sounds like the perfect lunch menu for your family, here’s what you’ll need to stock up on:

Week Two Healthy Lunch Shopping ListClick image, to open new window and print.

***

We’d love to hear your fresh perspective!

• Who packs the school lunches at your house? Do your kids get in on the action?

CONTEST: Submit your answer to the above question in the comments below by 11:59 pm on Friday, October 1st, 2010, and be entered to win one of three Flatout Water Bottle and Lunch Box sets, along with four packages of our Flatout FOLDits!

Bon appetit – and good luck!

About these ads
6 Comments leave one →
  1. September 26, 2010 10:56 pm

Packing lunches for us starts at the grocery store. When we go grocery shopping I always ask my son to help pick out items he wants to have for lunch. Sometimes he needs extra guidance to pick more healthier options. Then in the morning I let him help me pick out either the fruit or veggie. I always include a protein, fruit, veggie and then, he sometimes gets a special treat.

This has been a learning experience for us. This is my son’s first year at school. At the beginning of school I would just pack his lunch and throw it in his bag. He was coming back at the end of the day with food still in his lunch. With this new process he has come home with empty boxes and, seems to be more happier about his lunches!!

2. Julie M permalink
    September 27, 2010 7:56 pm

I pack the lunches in our house but the kids help decide what will go in. Wish we could find fold-it in our grocery store, my girls would love them!!

3. September 27, 2010 9:53 pm

I pack the lunches although my 8 year old is helping me sometimes. Both kids are in school now so two lunches a day unless my 8 yr old decides she wants to eat at school. The lunches at school need a Revolution! I have picky kids…I suppose my fault so we have to stick with pbj, butter jelly, plain meat on bread etc…that is why flatoutbread comes in handy. I switched to flatout instead of plain ole wheat and the kids love it! They never know what I am going to stick in there lunch boxes!!!

4. September 27, 2010 9:54 pm

p.s love the menus…they help so much!

5. Cheryl permalink
    September 29, 2010 9:49 am

I love this..
    1- I pack the lunches at out house, because I am the one who makes the time in the morning.
    2- Yes, its very imporant for the children to understand what they are eating and why!

6. October 4, 2010 11:09 am

Thanks to everyone who entered our contest last week! The three winners have now been notified, but check out this week’s contest post for another chance to win: http://bit.ly/bsKzr8.

Bon appetit!