How Being Flatout Creative Wrapped Away Forty-Seven Pounds
We are delighted to bring you an inspiring story from Flatout fan Pamela Embree today. We first connected via Facebook and knew right away that her story was meant to be shared! We’re sure you will enjoy the words and the recipes as much as we did.
Eight months ago I stepped onto the scales and cried. I knew I’d gained a few energy-draining pounds, but was shocked seeing how many! Undeterred though, I followed a points-counting plan. Then for two months I stuck to it like glue. But I soon found myself in a disheartening rut.
Merely counting points and microwaving local entrees wasn’t very creative. In which, I thrive on creativity. And, like many women, I’m stretched for time. By necessity, I’m a full-time medical receptionist. Desire-driven, I’m a budding novelist working fifty-hours each week honing my craft. But thankfully, I discovered Flatout wraps. A whole new world of timesaving creativity opened up for me.
Now, instead of slapping together sandwiches (bread being high in points), or heating flavor-lacking entrees, I reach for Flatout wraps and create a much more satisfying, weight conscious meal. The exciting part - by keeping varied seasonings, condiments, and fresh produce on hand, I’m only limited by my imagination. Two of my latest creations: The Italian Tuna Wrap and The Crab Delight Mediterranean. And though I’ve reached my weight-loss goal, Flatout wraps will forever be on my grocery list as there are endless imaginative quick-fix meals yet to create!
Italian Tuna Wrap
- Italian Flatout Wrap
- Baby leaf spinach
- 5 1/2 oz. canned tuna in water, drained
- 1 sm. can mushrooms, drained
- 1 diced green onion
- 1/4 cup light ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup canned Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/2 tsp. Badia Complete Seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
Layer wrap with spinach. In medium bowl mix together remaining ingredients. Spread 1/2 atop prepared wrap. Roll, tuck, wrap and enjoy! Makes 2 servings.
Crab Delight Mediterranean Wrap
- Sundried Tomato Flatout Wrap
- Baby leaf spinach
- 1 sm. package Crab Delight, shredded
- 1 sm can artichokes, diced
- 1 sm can mushrooms, drained
- 1 sm. green pepper, diced
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/2 sm mango, diced
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup diced roasted red pepper
- 1 Tbs. Weber’s Mango Lime Seafood Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Badia Complete Seasoning
- Black pepper to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Mix dry seasoning into sour cream (if time, let stand over night for full flavor). Layer wrap with spinach. Mix together prepared seasoning mixture and remaining ingredients. Spread 1/4 atop prepared wrap. Roll, tuck, wrap and enjoy! Makes 4 servings.
Big thank you to Pamela for sharing her story and these delicious recipes. Let us know if you try either of them – we would love to see pictures of the final product, too!
We’d love to hear your fresh perspective:
- If you have a Flatout story to share, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.