Healthy Holiday Leftovers: Creamy Turkey and Artichoke on Flatout Toast
This recipe calls for: Flatout Flatbread Wraps (in any variety you desire)
Thanksgiving is over and the holiday celebrations have officially started! I don’t know about you but one of my biggest challenges is making due with leftovers. I’m always on the lookout for recipes that help me make the most of my leftover meals.
I stumbled upon this recipe last year and it has quickly become a family favorite.
Serve this creamy turkey and artichoke recipe over toasted Flatout Flatbread Wraps in any variety you desire. It is a fantastic way to use leftover turkey that I promise your family will enjoy. Works well with chicken, too!
Creamy Turkey and Artichoke on Flatout Toast
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 to 6 green onions, thinly sliced, about 1/3 cup
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) artichokes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 3 cups diced leftover turkey (or chicken)
- Flatout Flatbread Wraps (in any variety you desire)
Melt butter over medium-low heat in a saucepan. Add onions and mushrooms and cook, stirring, until mushrooms are tender. Add in flour and stir until smooth. Next add chicken broth, stirring until nice and thick. Add milk, seasoning, salt and pepper, then blend with artichokes and turkey. Serve hot over toasted Flatout Flatbread Wraps.
Recipe credit: Diana Rattray
We’d love to hear your fresh perspective!
- What are you most looking forward to serving during the holidays still ahead of us?